Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Linking Up to Only A Breath- 2013 One Word Reveal!


Yesterday, I blogged a little bit about what my one word was going to be for 2013, and a little about why.  After the Watch Night service last night, I almost changed it.  There was so much preaching surrounding the word "Rejoice."  I had a hard time!  I still just really feel like focusing on Faith && Family is going to help with the rejoicing. 


My son Wyatt is there on the left with his arm crutches, and this is my husband (suit in the back) and some others playing music during our eating break between preaching sessions last night.  God gave us so much to praise him for last night... and issued some clear challenges for the year ahead and listening to His preached word, but the only way I can be a better ministry tool for Him is to focus on my ministry at home.  For those that don't know me personally, I will just tell you that with the amount of nurses, therapists, and teachers that filter through my home, I don't have to leave home to be a witness for Christ!  In that same breath, I have a second layer of accountability as well.  We have had people get saved here, and people get right with the Lord here, just because of the environment that is, and how encouraging in the Lord we try to keep our home.  It's not always easy, I promise!  

I am so excited for the One Word link up, and the accountability.  I am more excited that through linking up with others, I might be able to be an encouragement to someone who is struggling with children with disabilities.  

Amanda :)

4 comments:

  1. Your post is awesome!

    My One Word for 2013 is Faith.
    My Son is autistic, and Im a Mom Advocate for Autism!

    May you find many blessings in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for the well wishes, and thank you so much for being my very first comment... EVER! I have toyed with the idea for so long to start this blog journey, and what better way to truly start than with a challenge of one word?

      Delete
  2. Lovely post and I love your word. My word is heart, I want a heart that reflects God's.

    Jenifer
    jenifermetzger.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for all of us on this journey this year!

      Looking forward to seeing your journey, and your growth in Heart!
      Amanda

      Delete