Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Headpod for Dylan

One of the reasons I initially started this blog was to chronicle our family.  In that, I wanted to show God's glory through the boys, and the things we are doing for them!

Last August, I got a phone call from Jim, our wheelchair clinic guy, who asked me to go look at a product that a therapist from Arizona had called him about.  It was the Headpod.  He told me to watch the video, and see what I thought.  Needless to say, this mama cried through the video. And then I went to see how much it was.

After confusion about conversions from Euros to Dollars (I cried, at one point in my conversion it was $2000) I figured out there was a converter on the sight, and, cried again, when I saw it was $250.  We bought one, and had it shipped from Spain.  I cannot tell you how much it excited me to have this little jewel, and be one of the first 100 people in America to have one.  



Here is my son, Dylan, using the headpod with head switches.  The head switches activate activities on the computer.  We feel so blessed to have this in our home.  Our speech therapist loves that she can use it with the Intelleswitch, the Occupational therapist uses it with his Ipad, and we use it to feed him etc.  I really wish we would have had it earlier, but we are already seeing a marked difference in his voluntarily holding up his head. We attribute this to the fact that we are pretty sure he does not like it.  It's still motivation, right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment